About the Journal
The LESLLA Symposium Proceedings (LESLLASP) is an academic, double-blind peer reviewed scientific journal housed by Literacy Education and Second Language Learning of Adults (LESLLA) organization within the Public Knowledge Project Open Journal Systems.
2. AIMS AND SCOPE
LESLLASP provides a forum for the dissemination of international research and practice related to literacy education and second language learning of adults by publishing high quality, original manuscripts. LESLLASP aims to increase dialogue and dissemination of theoretical, empirical, and practical knowledge related to the key topics of supporting adults’ literacy and second language learners from around the world.
Submissions from researchers, scientists, scholars, and educators of all disciplines are welcomed who have presented at the previous LESLLA Symposium. Possible topics can include (but are not limited to): new developments in second language teaching of low literate adults, theoretical considerations in language teaching, reviews on topics relevant for LESLLA learners and teachers, empirical studies on teaching in LESLLA classrooms, case studies of national/international importance,
All LESLLASP papers are required to have a sound theoretical, empirical, or philosophical foundation. International relevance of main ideas presented is required for all papers submitted.
LESLLASP publishes 1 issue a year building upon the presentations of the annual symposium.
Literacy Learning, second language teaching, adult education, applied linguistics, teaching methods, comparative studies
4. CATEGORIES OF MANUSCRIPTS AND REQUIREMENTS
The LESLLASP will accept manuscripts in the following modalities:
- Editorial: aims to publish the official opinion of the organization regarding relevant topics in the fields of LESLLA discussed during the annual proceeding. Word limit: 1,500 words excluding references
- Research article: This article features an empirical study that contributes to the scholarship in the LESLLA field. Word limit: 5,000 excluding references
- Perspectives from the field: This article features the perspectives of teachers, staff, students, and others who have important knowledge and expertise about LESLLA pedagogy, programming and policy. These articles focus on what those working to serve LESLLA learners as teachers, curriculum developers, administrators, policymakers have learned through everyday practice. Manuscripts should contain detailed and thoughtful reflection, as well as thorough analysis of practical insights and experiences. Word limit: 3,000 excluding reference
- State-of-the-art review: This article provides an updated synthesis / analysis of literature on some issue related to LESLLA research, policy, or practice. Word limit: 5,000 excluding referencee
5. EDITORIAL POLICIES AND ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
Manuscripts are initially assessed by the assigned Editor, for relevance of the content to the journal scope and aims, and for compliance with the journal’s requirements. Manuscripts that do not meet these requirements will not be sent for full review.
All manuscripts will undergo a double-blind peer review process. In this process, the identity of the author(s) identity(ies) will be concealed from the reviewers throughout the review process and vice versa. Consequently, each manuscript will be anonymized before being sent for review. For each manuscript, at least two reviewers will be invited who have extensive expertise in the topic and/or methodology. Authors will be informed of the decision and invited to revise the manuscript and respond to the reviewers’ comments.
This journal is published through LESLLA and is managed through The Open Journal System / Public Knowledge Project OJS/PKP platform. LESLLASP provides open access to its content, following the principle that making scientific knowledge freely available to the public leads to greater global democratization of knowledge. Open access allows users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of articles, crawl them for indexing, or use them for any other lawful purpose.